Many countries have genuine concerns for the integrity of their borders and for the protection of shore based resources. Illegal smuggling of contraband, as well as human trafficking is a very significant concern. Such targets use a variety of techniques to evade detection.
Our Coastal Surveillance technology is built upon the fundamental structure of VTS and offers all these features, but also adds the capability to detect, track and identify even the smallest targets. These key features contribute to our success in this field. In addition new features sets provide unique tools for this application:
- Multiple parallel tracking to detect and track small targets even in the presence of large vessels.
- Day/Night cameras and Thermal Imagers which can be programmed for independent scan or slave to radar tracking.
- Decision Aids software with preplanned protocols to support interdiction decision making,
- A structure designed around multiple control centres spread across large areas with multiple layers of authority,
- Information access and sharing between diverse authorities such as Customs, Immigration, Navy, Coast Guard, including databases of local and world authorities. All while maintaining operational security among agencies.
- Integration of views of sea and air activity,
- Overall Maritime Domain Awareness coupled with Land Border awareness for overall control,
- Complete archiving and overall system health and monitoring.
Our technologies are highly developed and have been selected by many governments.